Enjoy! Aspire! Achieve! Now and in the future!


Geography at Lingham Primary School 


At Lingham Primary School we want our curriculum to inspire our learners and foster a real love of learning. Through our Geography curriculum we want to inspire pupils' curiosity of the world around them as well as developing their understanding of their place within it. We want to equip pupils to investigate and ask questions about the world, recognise how it changes and understand the impact of their own actions.


With these aims in mind, we have selected an innovative global curriculum called 'Learning Means the World'. Geography is taught through thematic units with clear skill and knowledge progression running throughout (see Skills Ladders and Knowledge Builders below). These cross curricular units cover over 90% of the 2014 National curriculum and the remaining 10% are taught in 'Top Up' weeks ( see whole school overview below).


We are confident that our chosen curriculum provides a high quality Geography education to enable our pupils gain a coherent knowledge and understanding of physical and human geography both locally and in the wider world. It enables our pupils to understand the complexities of environments, sustainability and space and scale.


For more information about how we teach Geography at Lingham, please explore the files below.


Files to Download

Lingham Primary School Town Meadow Lane, Moreton, CH46 7UQ
Beanstalk logo Change 4 life logo childline Eco Schools Healthy Schools NSPCC Helpline Bike Right Operation Encompass ADHD Foundation Parentpay ribbon OFSTED Good 2014 International School Award School Games Silver 2015/16