Enjoy! Aspire! Achieve! Now and in the future!


Art at Lingham Primary School


At Lingham Primary School we want our curriculum to inspire our learners and foster a real love of learning. Through our Art curriculum we want to inspire pupils' curiosity and empathy as they learn more about societies, cultures and history. We want to equip pupils with the skills to express themselves confidently and creatively while developing motor skills.

With these aims in mind, we have selected an innovative global curriculum called ' Learning Means the World'. Art is taught through thematic units with clear skill and knowledge progression running throughout (see Skills Ladders and Knowledge Builders below). These cross curricular units cover over 90% of the 2014 National curriculum and the remaining 10% are taught in 'Top Up' weeks (see whole school overview below).

We are confident that our chosen curriculum provides a high quality Art education to enable our pupils to stretch their minds beyond the boundaries of the printed text or the rules of what is provable to encompass visual-spatial learning. Art education has been proven to have remarkable impacts on academic, social, and emotional outcomes of pupils.

For more information about how we teach Art at Lingham, please explore the files below.

Files to Download

Lingham Primary School Town Meadow Lane, Moreton, CH46 7UQ
Beanstalk logo Change 4 life logo childline Eco Schools Healthy Schools NSPCC Helpline Bike Right Operation Encompass ADHD Foundation Parentpay ribbon OFSTED Good 2014 International School Award School Games Silver 2015/16