Enjoy! Aspire! Achieve! Now and in the future!


Design and Technology at Lingham Primary School


At Lingham Primary School we want our curriculum to inspire our learners and foster a real love for learning. Through our Design and Technology curriculum we would like our pupils to develop creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world. We want to equip the children with skills that will enable them to become independent and innovative problem solvers. We would also like to provide our students with the opportunity to explore food and cooking techniques whilst developing an understanding of healthy eating and environmental issues within food production.


With these aims in mind, we have selected an innovative global curriculum called ‘Learning Means the World’. Design and Technology is taught through thematic units with clear skill and knowledge progression running throughout (see Skills Ladders and Knowledge Builders below). These cross curricular units cover over 90% of the 2014 National Curriculum and the remaining 10% is taught in ‘Top Up’ weeks along with the Design Technology Focussed Tasks (see whole school overview below).


We are confident that our chosen curriculum provides a high quality Design and Technology education to enable our pupils to combine practical skills with an understanding of aesthetic, social and environmental issues, as well as functions and industrial practices. This helps all children to become discriminating and informed consumers and potential innovators. They will also understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.  


For more information about how we teach Design and Technology at Lingham, please explore the files below.

Files to Download

Lingham Primary School Town Meadow Lane, Moreton, CH46 7UQ
Beanstalk logo Change 4 life logo childline Eco Schools Healthy Schools NSPCC Helpline Bike Right Operation Encompass ADHD Foundation Parentpay ribbon OFSTED Good 2014 International School Award School Games Silver 2015/16