Enjoy! Aspire! Achieve! Now and in the future!


History at Lingham Primary School 


At Lingham Primary School we want our curriculum to inspire our learners and foster a real love of learning. Through our history curriculum we want to inspie pupils' curiosity in the past. We want to equip pupils to ask perceptive questions, to think critically and to consider evidence carefully.


With these aims in mind, we have selected an innovative global curriculum called ' Learning Means the World'. History is taught through thematic units with clear skill and knowledge progression running throughout (see Skills Ladders and Knowledge Builders below). These cross curricular units cover over 90% of the 2014 National curriculum and the remaining 10% ( for example local history elements) are taught in 'Top Up' weeks ( see whole school overview below)


We are confident that our chosen curriculum provides a high quality history education to enable our pupils gain a coherent knowledge and understanding of Britain's past and that of the wider world. It enables our pupils to understand the complexities of people's lives, the process of change and the diversity of society. 


For more information about how we teach History at Lingham, please explore the files below.

Files to Download

Lingham Primary School Town Meadow Lane, Moreton, CH46 7UQ
Beanstalk logo Change 4 life logo childline Eco Schools Healthy Schools NSPCC Helpline Bike Right Operation Encompass ADHD Foundation Parentpay ribbon OFSTED Good 2014 International School Award School Games Silver 2015/16