Enjoy! Aspire! Achieve! Now and in the future!


Computing at Lingham Primary School 


At Lingham Primary School we want our curriculum to inspire our learners and foster a real love of learning. Through computing, pupils will not only learn to use technology purposefully and effectively, but become aware of the underlying processes involved, helping them to understand how best to apply skills safely and ethically.  


With these aims in mind, we have selected an innovative global curriculum called 'Learning Means the World'. Computing is taught through thematic units with clear skill and knowledge progression running throughout (see Skills Ladders and Knowledge Builders below). These cross curricular units cover over 90% of the 2014 National curriculum and the remaining 10% (for example local history elements) are taught in 'Top Up' weeks (see whole school overview below). We are also working with Hi Impact to offer additional workshops and lessons to ensure that we have a wide coverage of the curriculum.


We are confident that our chosen curriculum provides a high quality computing education to enable our pupils gain a coherent knowledge and understanding about control systems and robots increasing awareness of many of the operating systems we use to manage our everyday lives. They will understand how the internet helps us to rapidly access ideas and experiences from a wide range of individuals, communities, countries and cultures. In computing, we develop essential skills for life in a digital age, learning to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills.


For more information about how we teach Computing at Lingham, please explore the files below.


Files to Download

Lingham Primary School Town Meadow Lane, Moreton, CH46 7UQ
Beanstalk logo Change 4 life logo childline Eco Schools Healthy Schools NSPCC Helpline Bike Right Operation Encompass ADHD Foundation Parentpay ribbon OFSTED Good 2014 International School Award School Games Silver 2015/16